Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information (including sensitive information, for example your health information, racial or ethnic origin, connection to trade unions, and/or criminal record) that is necessary for us to provide you with the services you request, manage your requests and improve our business. Such personal information usually includes your name, date of birth, address, email and telephone numbers. In addition, we may collect the following personal information:
• For recruitment purposes: your previous work history, performance appraisals, qualifications, information about incidents in the workplace, health information, personal history, opinions from referees, information in relation to absences from work due to leave, illness or other causes and our assessment of you as a prospective candidate for recruitment.
• For payroll purposes: your employment details, Tax File Number, superannuation account details, bank account details and other ancillary information that is required to fulfil contractual, legislative, filing and reporting obligations (including the payment of salary and wages).
Why do we collect personal information and how do we use it
We collect your personal information and use it for the purpose for which it was provided to us, other related purposes (and, in the case of sensitive information, directly related purposes) or as permitted or required by law. Such purposes include:
• providing our clients and/or you with our services;
• facilitating placement operations and recruitment opportunities for job applicants, including assessing your application for employment with prospective employers and verifying your information;
• providing you with further information about the recruitment opportunities or services you requested;
• conducting surveys of job applicants in relation to the services we provide;
• providing you with information about Fetch and its activities that are of relevance to you (if you have consented to receiving this);
• in the payroll context, fulfilling contractual commitments to provide payroll services for our clients. • the information collected from our payroll clients is used solely for the purpose of payroll processing; and
• any other purpose identified at the time of collecting your personal information;